Thursday, January 6, 2011

Normal

Do you like to associate yourself with "normal" people?


Think of how many friends you have had in your lifetime. Picture all of their faces. Consider all of the different places you have gone with them, different conversations you have had, and things you have done together. Think of all of them together. Would you say that they're a group of normal people? Or would you say that a few of them are different from the norm? Or maybe every single one of your friends is different?


I hope that you don't think of a single one of them as "normal."


It is easy to call your entire group of friends a bunch of normal people. All together, their qualities averaged and their personalities meshed, they all balance out to one normal entity. It is important to remember that they're not one thing though. Every person has a completely unique personality, different opinions, tastes, goals - everything. One friend's completely insane attitude might be offset in your mind by another friend's timid disposition, thus making you think that they are normal. But each of them on their own is a totally different person.


Normal people arguably don't exist in this world. So many variables are involved in evaluating someone's personality. But you should associate with the freaks. Get to know the weird ones. Some of the strangest brains on this planet are in the heads of the people running it. People with different outlooks cause things to happen. Things that normal people can't tap into. There's enough following being done across the Earth as it is, there needs to be more innovation. Normal doesn't cut it for innovation.


My closest of friends are the most different people I know - and that is one of the biggest compliments I can give to them. I am so thankful to be close to some brilliant minds. I still am very grateful for every person that has affected me in my life, and that is a long list, trust me. But there is such a cool feeling thinking about the outliers in my life. I've done things with some of my friends that would never have come to life had it been with anyone else. I have had some of the greatest ideas, trips, experiences, and laughs because of the people in my life that are the most not-normal.


Take a minute to evaluate the people you know - really evaluate them. I'm sure you already know who is the closest to you in your life. But consider what really makes them tick. What kind of people are they? Why do they do things that the majority does not? Why do they want those things?


Thanks to all of the outliers in this world. You guys are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment